Re: PASSWORD FOR DEBIAN CD TO INSTALL APLYCATIONS

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 10:08, M.Schweizer wrote:
> how i get Passwort to Install a Linux Aplication

In KDE, go to the menu.  Then choose System->More Applications->Terminal
Program (super user mode).  That will ask you for a password, then give you a
"root shell", which has permission to install software.

> for wine its not
> Install after Realplayer for Windows in Wine, him only Play him song if
> you start him.

There is a realplayer version for Linux.  Do not use the WINE version if there
is already a Linux version.  It won't be as good.

> In Reality not Play my a ram file directly from Internet . In Suse 9.0
> its Works ,not problem. I install allredy with Yast or KDE

Once you install RealPlayer, you can choose what program to open files with
from your control panel.

Note: Xine (and Kaffeine, and mplayer, and some other players too) can play
realplayer files, if you install the Linux realplayer codec files from the
internet.

--
Lee.

Please send replies to the list, not to my email address.