CPU's and system monitor

I installed Debian sarge today and the install went good. I couldn't get the system to boot with the 2.6.8 smp kernel so I changed the repository to unstable and installed the 2.6.11.1 kernel. Everything went fine and no problems. System shows no bad behaviour. The one thing I noticed is the System monitor is only showing one cpu. I have an Intel d865gbf board with a 3.0 HT P4. I also have an Ubuntu 5.04 install on another hard drive and it shows 2 cpu's.

I checked the /proc/cpuinfo file and it is listing a cpu0 and cpu1.

Any help with why System monitor would only show one cpu and any oher ways to check if the HT is being used correctly? Thanks.

John