apt preferences

Hi, I'm running a mostly sarge system at the moment.  I am wondering
about what exactly will happen when sarge is released...

I changed my /etc/apt/sources.list file so that all the lines point to
a specific release name (ex. woody, sarge, sid) and not to stable,
testing, or unstable.  This seems to be fine... it probably would have
made sense to do this in the first place for clarity.

I wanted to change my /etc/apt/preferences file so that my "pin
priority" would point to sarge and not testing.  This would mean that
no sudden upgrade to etch (the new testing) would occur when sarge
releases.

Unfortunately this doesnt seem possible, because the Releases file
(eg. /var/lib/apt/lists/mirror.direct.ca_linux_debian_dists_sarge_main_binary-i386_Release)
contains the name testing and not sarge.

This probably isn't a big deal, but I was just wondering how this was
all supposed to work...

Scott