Burning with k3b -- "find: /dev/.static: Permission denied"

Hey ho,

Everything has been working smoothly for quite some time for me now, so
something was bound to go wrong...

I regularly burn CD's with k3b, always a pleasant experience. Starting
today, though, when I start it from a command line, the first line
reads "find: /dev/.static: Permission denied". Apart from me not having
much of a clue about udev (which I think this is related to), I can't
remember having seen that message before.

It seems problematic enough; k3b later on tells me it cannot find a
suitable writer, so I'll only be able to create an image of what I want
to burn...

As far as I recall, none of the relevant packages have recently been
updated. I didn't mess around in /dev myself either, nor did I upgrade
my kernel... What I did do was a little playing around with graveman,
which I thought might be(come) a suitable Gnome replacement for k3b,
but I'd think that shouldn't matter...

Has someone else seen this already? I'd Google some, but the error
itself doesn't yield much of a result, and I'm not sure what to look
for, really...

key: http://tmp.verbreyt.be/files/abwaerts.asc