Re: Activating Automount for USB Pen drive devices in Gnome

On 5/16/05, Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> wrote:
> Sorry, I should have added that you need to add yourself to the
> plugdev group also. Else, try running gnome-volume-manager from a
> terminal when you plug in the devices, and watch for any messages.

I added the users to the plugdev group. and plugged in the usb thumb
drive and it finds and describes  it
Messages something like this:
( nohup is not the right tool to capture console 1)
<snip>
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
/dev/scsi/host7/bus0/target0/lun0:<3>ldm_parse_privehead Cannont find
PRIVEHEAD structure. LDM database is corrupt. Aborting
ldm_validate_priveheads(): Cannont find PRIVEHEAD 1
Unable to read partition table
Attached scsi removeable disk sda at scsi9, channel 0, id 0 lun 0

--
Dan Hunt  Saint Brieux Saskatchewan Canada