Re: Configuring X on Intel 82845 gl board

>I suspect you'll want that file. Here's what mine looks like:
>
> > enjae[westk]:/etc/apt/apt.conf.d> cat 70debconf
> > // Pre-configure all packages with debconf before they are installed.
> > // If you don't like it, comment it out.
> > DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs {"/usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt || true";};
Ok i 'll leave it alone.

>I assume the "1.0.0.0" is what your system believes the IP address to >be for debian.org. If so, then something's seriously hosed with your >DNS lookups.

I am using a telephone line DSL (make Dlink 502T router) and ethernet card (Realtek 8139 PCI Fast Ethernet). I have a subsciption of MTNL (Govt. telephone Co.). And most importantly everything else seems to work fine. I can ping, surf, use DAP, etc. Is it possible for the DNS lookup to fail in the case of apt and not  while pinging the site. I mean I don't know. Cannot there be any other problem with apt???
Any clues.
Bye

Shatam Bhattacharya
New Delhi,