Re: Kernel Panic on my new custom kernel

Jon Roed napsal(a):

I had the same problem building 2.6.11, and solved it with the --initrd
option like Peter mentioned:

make-kpkg clean; make-kpkg --initrd kernel-image

Note that if you use this option with pristine sources (not Debian's) then
you need to change /etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf (see man mkinitrd.conf):

MKIMAGE='genromfs -d %s -f %s'

I am not using make-kpkg to compile my kernel i am just using
make xconfig O=/home/jon/build/...
make O=/home/jon/build/...
sudo make O=/home/jon/build/... modules_install install

is there a way to use the --initrd option here ? or do i need to use make-kpkg ?

I solved this by program mkinitrd. Look at to man pages for mkinitrd parameters.