Re: Kernel Panic on my new custom kernel

I had the same problem building 2.6.11, and solved it with the --initrd option like Peter
mentioned:

make-kpkg clean; make-kpkg --initrd kernel-image

Note that if you use this option with pristine sources (not Debian's) then you need to change
/etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf (see man mkinitrd.conf):

MKIMAGE='genromfs -d %s -f %s'

--- peter colton <dotdebsarge@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thursday 12 May 2005 06:07, John Foster wrote:
> > Kernel Panic on my new custom kernel
> hello Jon.
>
>        when you compile the new kernel did you use the --initrd   option.
>
>               by for now peter colton

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail