Re: Woody -> Sarge apt-get dist-upgrade

Andy Hawkins wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Now that Sarge has entered freeze, I'm considering upgrading my Woody box to
>it. This runs the firewall for my local network (connected via Ethernet
>cable modem) handling mail (Exim v3 and fetchmail), news (newsstar and INN
>v2.3.2), web proxy etc.
>
>Is the upgrade to Sarge relatively painless? Does it perform any major
>software upgrades that might cause me problems?

In Sarge, the default is exim4. There is a lot of major software
upgrades that might cause you pains (configuration wise). Also, the
recommended method of upgrading is not using apt-get, it is aptitude now.

Read the Sarge Release Notes[1] for upgrade information.

- Adam

http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/releasenotes