Building a custom version of wget

Hi, folks.

I'm fairly new to debian (having used Mandrake for a few years), but find myself in need of a little help.

Using the apt tools, I'd like to rebuild "wget" to enable the downloading files greater that 2GBytes in size. I understand that it's required that I pass "-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 " as an option to the compiler.

I assume this has to be done using a parameter to apt-build, but I don't see where it can be passed. I've gotten as far as "apt-build install wget". This has worked successfully, but obviously, without the large file support.

Any hints/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
John Kirkland