DNS lookup problems.

Okay, I've been looking for an answer for this for a little while, and
have been unable to find one. Here's the problem:

I have four boxes on my internal network. A debian box, solaris,
gentoo, and a windows box (*ducks any incoming tomatoes*). All my *nix
based boxes are being very strange: DNS lookups from programs return
1.0.0.0. Nslookup's return the correct IP's. Ping's work just dandy,
telnet works fine. For about 5 minutes after an nslookup is done on a
particular domain, the same domain can be looked up inside of programs
(I'm guessing that this is due to caching), and it will return the IP.
The windows box has no problems at all with DNS lookups. It's
operating fine. Only *nix boxes are effected. Tried a different
router, same issue. Reset modem and set everything back up from
scratch (Actiontec DSL modem).

Anyone have any clue as to what this could be? I've been having the
issue for around a month now. Maybe a little under that.

Thanks!

Chris.

--
=> Programmers speak in Code, Mathematicians speak in Symbols
=> Code is Language; Any questions?