Re: Please help: Accidentally wiped off the whole hard disk!!!

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 15:09 -0400, Angelina Carlton wrote:

> Just for those of us just following along, can I use fdisk to record
> the EXACT information on my currently working systems to a file, and
> be sure that file contained enough information to rebuild the
> partition table if ever needed? Is there a tool/command to do this?
> fdisk has quite a few options so I was courious about some
> preventative measures.

The tools I use are the p command in fdisk, and a pencil and paper. Then
I stick it on the wall with a thumbtack.

When the disk is broken, having it on disk isn't much help. It always
seems to be on the wrong disk. Or I can't boot the system to read the
floppy.

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com