fdisk Re: Please help: Accidentally wiped off the whole hard disk!!!

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Angelina Carlton wrote:

> Just for those of us just following along, can I use fdisk to record
> the EXACT information on my currently working systems to a file, and

fdisk -l /dev/hda > /tmp/hda.fdisk.lst

> be sure that file contained enough information to rebuild the
> partition table if ever needed?

yup

> Is there a tool/command to do this?

yup

> fdisk has quite a few options so I was courious about some
> preventative measures.

save that info to a piece of paper, since your disk may not be
accessible at the time
	- and tape the paper to the disk or the PC
	- your your palm top or your floppy or anyplace else
	other than files on the disk itself

c ya
alvin