Re: mrtg and snmp help needed

On Friday 13 May 2005 15:57, Jon Dowland wrote:
> Chavdar Videff wrote:
> > com2sec readonly 10.50.0.0/25 public
>
>        com2sec NAME SOURCE COMMUNITY
>               This   directive   specifies  the  mapping  from  a
>               source/community pair to a  security  name.  SOURCE
>               can be a hostname, a subnet, or the word "default".
>               A subnet can be specified as  IP/MASK  or  IP/BITS.
>               The first source/community combination that matches
>               the incoming packet is selected.
>
> Your bits look a bit weird. Do you mean 24? try using a netmask e.g.
> /255.255.0.0 or hard-coding a single IP.

If I understand it correctly, SOURCE means where the packet originated form.
If I want to connect from the internal network only, SOURCE should be my my
internal network, which is 10.50.0.0/25 or 10.50.0.0/255.255.255.128.
However the source and target are the same host and I don't get a reply,
although snmpd is listening on the right udp port (161).
Can it be a kernel module that I am missing?

Thanks

Chavdar Videff