From: Leni Mayo [mailto:leni@moniker.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:18 AM
To: Atul Talesara
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: gigabit ethernet stuck at 100Mbps

mii-tool doesn't seem to understand gigabit speeds, as suggested by
both the man page and it's output.

$ mii-tool -v eth0
eth0: negotiated 100baseTx-FD flow-control, link ok
   product info: vendor 00:aa:00, model 56 rev 0
   basic mode:   autonegotiation enabled
   basic status: autonegotiation complete, link ok
   capabilities: 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD
   advertising:  100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD
flow-control
   link partner: 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD
flow-control

At least ethtool knows that the card is capable of gigabit.

Leni.