Re: Howto install sarge to boot on lvm on raid5 ???

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 00:56 -0500, helices wrote:

I am using root on LVM, although without RAID using kernel 2.6;
installed with the Sarge installer.

> The first two options offered /dev/md0 -- neither of which are accepted
> by this process.  The third option (advanced) appears to allow me to
> decide; but, I do NOT know where to put this.

You have to specify the path to the device corresponding to the volume
group that contains the root filesystem.  In my
case, /dev/mapper/vg0-root.

> Is it better to leave a partition outside of the LVM?  Which partition?
> Root (/)?  /boot?

/boot will make it much easier for you.

> Can this be done with everything on the Raid5?

I don't know.

> Can this be done with everything on the LVM?

It works for me, but I'm not using RAID.

-Jonathan