hal not removing fstab entries

Hi!

Ok, so I have Debian Sarge installed here and I installed HAL. I Edited "/etc/defaults/hal", for it to run as root, and added a symlink "/etc/hal/device.d/fstab-sync.hal -> /usr/sbin/fstab-sync".

When I plug in a usb disk, a mount point in "/media" gets created and an entry in "/etc/fstab" gets added.

But when I unplug the device, neither of them gets removed.

Am I missing something?

Note: I'm not using gnome, nor I have it installed. I'm doing this from the console only.

Carlos Rodrigues