Re: Firefox: Selected profile is already in use

According to Monique Y. Mudama,
> On 2005-05-10, Bill Marcum penned:
> >
> > I sometimes wonder, does anybody really use profiles in Firefox?
>
> I've had situations where I wanted to be able to run using two
> different proxy configurations.  The only way I found to do this was
> using multiple profiles.

A way I found handy was to run squid locally and give it
different configs to contact the upstream depending on the
location (as determined by arpinging to see which machines
were nearby).  Then I set all my browsers' proxies to
localhost:3128.