Firefox: Selected profile is already in use

I changed the username of a user with the usermod command and also
changed the home dir name to the new username, as well as any
permissions etc. Now when I run firefox, it asks me to select one of
the listed profiles but if I select any of the two, it says that the
profile is already in use (even the default profile) and I should
create a new one or select another. What do I need to do?  This is
under Debian testing.

Regards,
Deboo

Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.