Re: Is 64MB enough?

On 9 May 05 11:18:12 GMT, John Moore <john7919@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a total Linux newbie who'd like to install Linux on my really old PC. It
> has 64MB of RAM and a 4GB hard disk. The installation documentation I've
> read at debian.org seems to indicate that this is sufficient. Is that right?

If you want to set it up as a desktop system you will be pushing your
luck. It can be done but you will learn to live with swapping.

As a home server (firewall/router/gateway/fileserver, no GUI) it will
be just fine.

It would also be more than adequate as a thin client.

--
Frank Copeland
Home Page: <URL:http://thingy.apana.org.au/~fjc/>

Keep it in Usenet. E-mail replies and 'courtesy' copies are not welcome.
If you're selling, I ain't buying.