Re: Is 64MB enough?

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 01:21:03PM +0000, John Moore wrote:
| Thanks. The primary purpose is to study and understand Linux and the
| programming environment. I'd also like to install Apache and Tomcat and do
| some Java programming

For Java work, I recommend using eclipse.  You can use eclipse on
windows as well.

| (again, just experimental stuff - nothing commercial
| grade). I'll definitely need to run a browser and an email client. The
| ability to run (Star/Open)Office would be nice.

I used to use a PII with 64MB RAM.  I ran GNOME and everything on it.
That was about 5-7 years ago.  It will still work, but it will feel
very sluggish.

-D

--
If you want to know what God thinks about money,
just look at the people He gives it to.