Re: Is 64MB enough?

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 01:21:03PM +0000, John Moore wrote:
| Thanks. The primary purpose is to study and understand Linux and the
| programming environment. I'd also like to install Apache and Tomcat and do
| some Java programming

For Java work, I recommend using eclipse.  You can use eclipse on
windows as well.

| (again, just experimental stuff - nothing commercial
| grade). I'll definitely need to run a browser and an email client. The
| ability to run (Star/Open)Office would be nice.

I used to use a PII with 64MB RAM.  I ran GNOME and everything on it.
That was about 5-7 years ago.  It will still work, but it will feel
very sluggish.

If you want to know what God thinks about money,
just look at the people He gives it to.
    -- Old Irish Saying