Re: VIA VT6102 Onboard NIC

On Friday 06 May 2005 04:41 pm, Ross McKillop wrote:

> I'm newish to debian but not to linux, and this has me rather
> confused. I cant, for one, work out why the network card would work
> perfectly during the initial installation but not afterwards.

I had this experience though not with the same card and it was with "Woody".
Installing Sarge from the netinstall iso image and choosing a 2.6.x kernel
solved the problem for me.  If you have a different NIC to use during the
install, that might help.  The problem in my case seemed to be that the
installer had a driver for my onboard NIC but this driver was not in the
stock kernel.

BTW I was able to install Xandros and LindowsOS on the same machine with which
I had the same difficulty that you are having, just not Debian "Woody".

8)