Re: VIA VT6102 Onboard NIC

I had this experience though not with the same card and it was with "Woody". Installing Sarge from the netinstall iso image and choosing a 2.6.x kernel solved the problem for me. If you have a different NIC to use during the install, that might help. The problem in my case seemed to be that the installer had a driver for my onboard NIC but this driver was not in the
stock kernel.

BTW I was able to install Xandros and LindowsOS on the same machine with which I had the same difficulty that you are having, just not Debian "Woody".

Dont have another NIC handy, is there any other way to get this to work?

Anyone had any luck making the driver thats on the installer work on the final install? if so how?

Thanks again,
Ross