Re: I need help with TeX administration on Debian Sarge

Incoming from Paul E Condon:
> I am not a TeX expert. I have books and I am searching the Web. I found
> a package that is supposed to do a thing that I want, namely newsletr.
> I want to install it on my Sarge system, which already has tetex package
> installed and running. But I can't figure out what to do in order to
> the TeX package, newsletr, into tetex the Debian way. The instructions
> from ctan.org on managing a one-person TeX system seem to assume a starting
> point in the TeX config files that differs from what was set up by aptitude.
> I can't make out what I really need to do, and I'm almost certain that
> Debian tetex package eliminates the need for steps that are required for
> non-Debian tetex users, but what steps?  Where can I find help that is
> specific to the Debian package? Where can I just find documentation that
> has been edited to reflect Debian package reality?

/usr/share/doc is usually where the Debian stuff is.  Does newsletr
exist as a Debian package?  I run woody and I can't see one.  Try:

    aptitude update && aptitude search newsletr

If it's there, just install it.  Perhaps there's a newsletr-doc
package too?

I would image using it is as simple as /documentclass{newsletr} or
some such.  btw, it's been a while since I used TeX/LaTeX, so I could
be misinformed ...

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -