Re: Silence apt-get for real

Radu Brumariu wrote:
> Andrey Andreev wrote:
>>Radu Brumariu wrote:

>>>apt-get has alread a switch just for that : apt-get -y upgrade . RTFM.
>>

>>And -y does not cover all warnings, as you would see if you RTFM
>>yourself. Next time try to answer the question.
>>

>>From TFM :
>
>  -y, --yes, --assume-yes,
>               Automatic  yes to prompts; assume "yes" as answer to all
> prompts
>               and run non-interactively
>
> all prompts, except held packages or removing essential packages , in
> which case --force-yes should help.
> The question was on how to get rid of the messages that ask about the
> configuration file changes. -y does help in that direction.

Once again - read the original question. The OP _knows_ about -y and
--force-yes. He uses them. See? They *did not* rid him of questions
about config files. The OP states that very clearly. That is the point
of the question. Geddit? Now that we both understand the problem, you
should be able to see why using yes was needed.

Furthermore, please refrain from showing off whatever knowledge you have
about apt-get, and sending people to RTFM, without trying to help or
ever understanding the problem.

Andro

--
Andrey Andreev