Re: apt-get deprecated?

Incoming from Chris Bannister:

> I remember readding something that they each use their own database.
> So that mixing the two methods was not a good idea.

Confirmed.  Karsten M. Self did an analysis of this (check the
archives).  You can see it when adding a source for backports to your
sources.list.  You have to do "apt-get update && aptitude update &&
aptitude upgrade" on both ends to eliminate the resultant errors.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -