Re: exim4 config help

On (01/05/05 09:47), Steve A wrote:
> On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 11:45:19AM +0100 or thereabouts, Clive Menzies wrote:
> > On (01/05/05 02:20), SdA wrote:
>
> > > When setting up the configuration via 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config' I
> > > selected the 'monolithic' option. However I can't find a exim4-config
> > > file anywhere after doing so in order to edit it -- That's my first problem.
> > edit:
> > /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template
> >
> > then restart exim4:
> > /etc/init.d/exim4 restart
>
> Thanks for the reply Clive.
>
> The above file is simply too confusing for a user
> like me, so I reverted back to exim3, of which I have a "comfort" level of -- at
> least it's working for me.

I may be perverse but in some ways exim4 is simpler in that instead of
directors, routers and transports, you only have routers and transports
to deal with.

Although the multiplicity of sections in the exim4 conf file seems
belwildering, there are only bits of it that you need to change.

If you find the entry for smarthost and append :port_no to it, that
might work?

However, if exim3 works for you, fair enough ;)

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...