Re: dhclient backgrounding?

On Apr 30 2005, Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
> Is this normal, shouldn't dhclient on Debian go into the background and
> configure the interfaces as soon as a DHCP server gets available, like
> other distros (SuSE, for instance) do?

I have tried many DHCP clients here on my machines and they all worked
forking a daemon to the background once the configuration is acquired.

You may try other clients like pump, dhcp3-client (note the 3) or even
udhcpc (haven't tried this one yet, but it surely sound promising, given my
current "hunt" for low memory programs).

Hope this helps, Rogério.