Re: fitting .ps file to paper [QCAD]

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, hsrai@gndec.ac.in wrote:

> How to resize or change orientation of a "foo.ps" (say A4 portrait) to get
> a fit print on 14"*12" (132 column paper) on Dot Matrix Printer.
>
> Is it possible to get it using "lpr foo.ps"; may be with some
> options/arguments.
>
> I tried "psresize", But in "gv" and on printer, I was not able to get
> desired result. I get cliped/trimmed result.
[ . . . ]

psresize should do it for you.  Just make sure you haven't mixed up the
'from' and 'to' page size arguments (lower- and upper-case, respectively).

Odds are you've got a malformed postscript file.  You could try various
iterations of psfix, ps2ps, and/or ps2pdf to regenerate the file in
something that conforms more closely to the postscript standard.  Sometimes
you can generate a pdf and let Acrobat take a shot at printing the file.

Best of luck,
-- Brad