Re: [OT] Project management

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:42:19 -0700
Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:

> Anyone have personal experience (not just with looking at apt-cache)
> with a project management & bug/task tracking application?  gforge is
> too complex for my needs.  Bugzilla scares me a bit. ;)  I just want
> a something for managing small projects with a few people -- for use
> in contracting work.
>
> I just want something for keeping track of tasks and bugs and that
> includes email notification of status changes.

I've used the Mantis bugtracker a bit. It works well and it's much
simpler than bugzilla. The one kink I've seen is that to get it to email
developers, we had to write a procmail script, but that was easy enough.
It does e-mail project owners reliably for us. (The Debian package is
named 'mantis'.)

> Anyone used cvstrac or Trac?

Afraid not. Sorry.

HTH,