Re: make problem on new installation

Almut Behrens wrote:

>If you enable echoing of commands for that
>call of sed, like this
[snip]
>you should get enough info to figure out
>what the problem is.

Hi Almut, thanks for your replies. Missed the first one but got it online after your second.

Here's the thing, I'm wondering if I might be able to avoid this sort of approach to getting Apache installed. From my pov, either I've got an issue with my Debian/Woody installation that I should fix, or am somehow approaching things wrong for my system. Diving into the Apache configure file seems to 'deep' for just doing a basic install.

Is it possible for me to take another approach? It's been a while since I had Debian on my network. If this way is not working out, can you please advise me on the more standard way on Debian? Is it apt-get? I really have forgotten that, is there a tutorial online I can refresh my memory with?

Thanks.

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Search & Sort Easily: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal