Re: ? Realtime Capable 2.6.8 Kernel

On Thursday April 28 2005 17:33, Thomas H. George wrote:
> I want to use jack but jackstart says my kernel has realtime
> capabilities disabled.   I compiled the kernel from the current Debian
> kernel-source-2.6.8 and I have carefully reviewed the options displayed
> by make menuconfig but can not recognize any option to enable realtime
> capabilities.  Where is it?

Under "Security options", you need to enable:
 - Default Linux Capabilities (SECURITY_CAPABILITIES) as a module
 - NSA SELinux Development Support (SECURITY_SELINUX_DEVELOP).

Then you install the realtime-lsm-source package and build it along with a
suitable kernel.

To use the module, just install the realtime-lsm package and make sure a
proper group is set in /etc/default/realtime (29 (audio) is usually fine,
just add your user to that group). Running "/etc/init.d/realtime start"
should then enable the module and jackd should be happy.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de