vsftpd - weird error msg

Hi You All,

get this msg when trying to log in to my debian box from a windows machine using vsftpd on my home network:

OOPS: vsf_sysutil_recv_peek

and vsftpd kicked the client off.

I googled it and found varying answers, none of which I could work out how to implement.

One said I needed the 'capability' module loaded, although that was Redhat. Another said I had the wrong context name - but that came from an error message, and I have no errors in /var/log/messages nor in vsftpd.

vsftpd worked fine when I first installed it. Could it be the kernel recompile I did in between (2.6.8 -> 2.6.11)? What should I do?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=vsf_sysutil_recv_peek+vsftpd&spell=1
--
Linux 2.6.11 Debian