Re: where to debug automount problem

On 4/27/05, Cedric BRINER <work@infomaniak.ch> wrote:
. . .
> > I am able to
> >
> > > ypcat -k auto.home | grep robert
> > robert hostname:/export/users/zzz073/robert
> your hostname name is `hostname' ?? :)

I removed the actual host name because I'm not sure I should post it.

> > then
> >
> > > mount hostname:/export/users/zzz0OB73/robert /home/robert
>
> > and ls /home/robert works as expected. However, if I
> ok, then it's a matter of the automount
>
> > > automount /var/autofs/home/ yp auto.home
>
> try: /usr/sbin/automount --ghost /var/autofs/home/ yp auto.home
> then you will enable the ghosting

Yes, I tried this. All available directories show up when I ls
/var/autofs/home; they all result in "No such file or directory" if I
try to ls the contents.

> > and then try to ls /var/autofs/home/robert, I get ls:
> > /var/autofs/home/robert: No such file or directory, and
> > /var/log/syslog contains
>
> try to identificate the problem...
> can you as the user who launches the automount to:
> mount -t nfs hostname:/export/users/zzz073/robert /var/autofs/home/

I assume I should mkdir /var/autofs/home/robert first?
That's one thing I haven't tried. I'll have to get back to you.

One other point is that the host is accessed through a VPN tunnel.

Thanks for your help.

Robert