Re: How to boot cd-rom from under Grub prompt

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 08:58 pm, nicosoft wrote:
> Hi,everyone:
>
> I search in the google for the question above,but without a clear answer.
>
> The boot order of my box is HDD CDROM ,and I have no floppy driver.
>
> Recently I want to intall other OS into my box,but I forgot the password
> of my bios,so I cann't change the boot order to make it boot from cd-rom.
> But I have a Grub works well,so I am just wonderring  is that any way to boot from
> cd-rom under the Grub prompt,since we can boot into other OS under that situation.
>
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Nico Chan

Most motherboards have a jumper swithch that will CLEAR cmos and bios settings...  I would be willing yours does too...  Check your manual or go to the manufacturers site and download their user manual (usually in pdf format)

Hope this helps..

--
Cheers: Mike

.. Now, a little humor compliments of Linux Fortune...

"His great aim was to escape from civilization, and, as soon as he had
money, he went to Southern California."