Re: php & apache

At 05:41 AM 4/25/2005, Marco Renoldi wrote:

I don't really get an error message.

My point was that anything which shows up on the error log at the time might be helpful.

What I'm trying to do is run a php script which installs a CMS software (MD-Pro). The script is located in /var/www/mdpro/install.php and when I try to open the URL http://localhost/mdpro/install.php a window pops up asking me if I want to download the file install.php or if I want to open it.

That's because the mime type is not defined, so the browser is asking you what to do since it's not 'programmed' with that knowledge. AFAIK this indicates a problem with your configuration of Apache, PHP.

If I tell to open the install.php with Mozilla it opens the script in edit mode and I see the html code instead of running the script.

Since you can run PHP scripts from some location you could move this script to that same directory. That should work. The more proper fix would be to change your Apache config to run PHP from the problem directory, then restart and all should be well

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Search & Sort Easily: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal