Re: Postfix + SASL problem "no SASL authentication mechanisms"

Cliff Flood wrote, on 04/22/05 17:09:
I am now getting another error however...

"warning: SASL authentication problem: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: Permission denied"

In my /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf I have tried:

pwcheck_method: saslauthd

and

pwcheck_method: pwcheck

(Having first installed cyrus-common to provide pwcheck)

I want saslauthd to use pam to authenticate users against their regular passwords, not to use a second database.

Where am I going wrong?

I've not added:

"saslauthd_path: /var/run/saslauthd/mux"

to my /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf and I get a different error:

"warning: SASL authentication failure: cannot connect to saslauthd server: Permission denied"

/var/run/saslauthd is the right location I believe as my smtpd is not chrooted

--
Cliph/ff
http://chicks-dig-unix.net/