Re: Similar systems, different performance of fortran code

> I've deleted your original email with info on the diff systems, but it
> sounds like 'move' may have to allocate/access substantial amounts of
> memory. Do you have the same amount of cache on each processor? Do you
> notice increase in diff in times as you increase size of matrices in
> 'move'? Do you have the same amount (and speed of) available mem on both
> machines? And, if they are reading are the HDs the same speed/cache size
> etc? You may want to delve into 'move' line by line to see which takes
> the longest...

  I'll have to research a bit about the details of memory and disk (it's
already late night here).

  I recently found a C++ class to measure time spent between lines of code,
but this is fortran. I don't see the profiling tools I know of (gprof,
gconv, mpatrol) as able to measure time line by line. Any tool/suggestion to
do it fortran (which is not my "mother tongue")?

 Regards,

 	 					Victor