Re: Similar systems, different performance of fortran code

> Just to rule it out, have you taken steps to ensure nothing else is
> happening when you do the timings?

I've checked that there are no other processes using much memory.  (98% of
CPU or so is used by this code).

>And have you repeated them many times
> to get representative timings?

Enough to notice systematic behavior, I guess. 1024 timesteps, 4096, and a
few times with 256 timesteps. Always the theoretically "faster" machine
takes about 6-7 times longer.

>And presumably the same compiler flags
> (perhaps no optimization may be a better comparison given you're using
> different compiler versions)?

No optimization. g77 -o file file.f

> I would also like at profiling the codes, this should give you a handle
> on what it is that varies from one system to another.

I know, but I wanted to investigate other possibilities first before
learning how to do it. But it seems profiling is the next step, specially
now that I know that other C++ and Fortran code I have perform as expected.

Regards,
					Victor