Re: history of system

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 13:52 +0100, michael wrote:
> I would have thought this was a FAQ but I cannot find the solution, so
> all pointers welcome!
>
> Q: how do I see the 'history' of my system, such as what was installed
> by apt-get and when

Every time after I run apt-get, I run this script AS ROOT:

  #!/bin/sh

  x=`date +%y%m%d.%H%M`
  COLUMNS=120 dpkg -l > ~/dpkg/dpkg.installed.$x
  ln -sf ~/dpkg/dpkg.installed.$x ~/dpkg/dpkg.installed

diff'ing files tells me what changed.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"We have heard much of the phrase, ''peace and friendship.'' This
phrase, in expressing the aspiration of America, is not complete.
We should say instead, ''peace and friendship, in freedom.''
This, I think, is America's real message to the rest of the
world."
Dwight D Eisenhower