Re: exim replaces postfix ?

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 11:28:22AM +0200, belahcene wrote:
> Hi every body,
> When  we install sarge, by default exim is installed, ( first : is it
> only a client ), I want to install postfix ( server) so I have to
> uninstall exim ?
No,
#apt-get install postfix
will automatically uninstall exim

>exim4 is it better than postfix ?
No, but neither is postfix better then exim4.
>why is it choosed
> instead of postfix ou  qmail ?
Licensing probably:

postfix has a custom IBM license of some sort (pretty free, but not GPL).
Qmail has some sort of source only license, next to that it's evil incarnate.

> Can I let exim client and use postfix server ??
I'm not sure what you mean by exim client
> Would you please give me info in this subject or a good link for quick
> reference

I think basically what you want to do is
#apt-get install postfix
for installing postfix.
I'm not sure about your 'client' questions

	reg,
	Andreas