Re: exim replaces postfix ?

On (21/04/05 11:28), belahcene wrote:
> Hi every body,
> When  we install sarge, by default exim is installed, ( first : is it
> only a client ), I want to install postfix ( server) so I have to
> uninstall exim ?  exim4 is it better than postfix ? why is it choosed
> instead of postfix ou  qmail ?
Exim4 is a pretty sophisticated MTA, if you install postfix, it will
replace exim.  FWIW, I run exim on all my machines and have been happy
with it although it takes a while to get your head around configuration.
As a start run 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config'

> Can I let exim client and use postfix server ??
No you'll need a mail client: mutt, thunderbird, evolution etc.

> Would you please give me info in this subject or a good link for quick
> reference
http://lists.debian.org/debian-isp/2004/11/msg00051.html
http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-book/

I should select your preferred mail client and then google on:
mailclient + exim4 (or postfix) ..... that should keep you busy for a
while ;)

Regards

Clive

--