Re: displaying japanese/japanese input resources

Le Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:29:28 +0800, brandon a écrit :

> i did generate locales for japanese, but nautilus just shows me
> gibberish (boxes with hexacode rather) when i try to display or type
> japanese( i got the input working btw). what am i missing here?

please provide more information about what you installed if it does not
help.
On my side i have installed fonts like xfonts-shinonome,
xfonts-intl-japanese , ... and m17n packages to try out
multilinguialization (input in multiple languages). It worked well. THough
i don't know if your aim is to use only japanese.

Using such setup i was able to input greek, hebrew, japanese, cyrillic and
latin ... though it required me to play with it for some time.

Cheers
Alban