Re: displaying japanese/japanese input resources

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 19:09, brandon wrote:
> Hi, does anyone know any webpages with tutorials or guides on getting
> japanese to display correctly in nautilus/inputting japanese for debian
> sid? thank you

As I understand it, nautilus should handle it pretty easily, if you have the
right fonts installed, and haven't messed with the default fonts in nautilus.
It's all unicode-based now, and the default fonts map in unicode symbols as
and when required, I think, so it should just work, as long as you're not
using a different encoding.  You might want to check out UIM, SCIM, or IIIMF
for CJK input.  Or perhaps some combination of those.

--
Lee.