Re: nvidia 7174 glx troubles help

I've just managed to run X with nvidia driver.
For days my system freezed completely.
Then I read the docs :)

In /usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx/README.gz) I found very useful information:
in particulare, I tried to load the nvidia module with the additional option:
NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0 NVreg_Mobile=2
this solved the problem.

Note that NVreg_Mobile=2 suits my Toshiba while Dell, I think, requires
NVreg_Mobile=1 (but please check it)

Good luck,
a.