Re: Nvu finally in sarge (Update)

Roberto C. Sanchez(roberto@familiasanchez.net) is reported to have said:
> Wayne Topa wrote:
> >Roberto C. Sanchez(roberto@familiasanchez.net) is reported to have said:
> >
> >>For those who are interested and have been using nvu from a
> >>tarball or from source, the official package is now in Sarge:
> >>
> >>http://packages.debian.org/nvu
> >>

> >Roberto
> >
> >  Please excuse this private reply.  I have some questions that came
> >  up when I first went to your web page a few months ago and, now that
> >  I have installed nvu, I was reminded that I had forgotten to write
> >  you about them.
> >
> No problem.  I generally only take issue when someone privately emails
> me asking a support-type question that is more appropriate for the list.
>
> >  When I went to your site I wanted to print it for study and found
> >  that only one page printed altho the file seemed a lot longer than
> >  that.  I wondered why that was and now see it t be an artifact of
> >  nvu.  I just went to the Features page of nvu.com and a page preview
> >  shows that is is only one page long, in Firefox, yet is is more like
> >  5-6 pages.  That is not how most sites work and I wondered if you
> >  had noticed that and found a fix?
> >
> I had someone mention it to me a while back and I thought I had fixed
> it.  I guess I was wrong :-).  What it ended up being was that I use
> { position: fixed } attribute, which messes up the print formatting.
> It is now fixed by specifying the body style differently for print than
> it is for screen.

Your page and the www.nvu.org/Features.html do indeed print if loaded
into konqueror but not in mozilla-firefox or mozilla-navigator.  As I
use Firefox 99.9% of the time, I did not even think about using
konqueror.  My bad.

Very odd that nvu uses the Mozilla Gecko engine and yet its output
doesn't print when using it's brother browsers.  :-(

I guess I have my answer.

Thanks again Roberto.

Wayne

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source