gvim window cannot be resized back

Using debian sid, kde 3.3.2, vim 1:6.3-068+4, vim-gnome 1:6.3-068+4.

Let's say I open an empty gvim window. Maximize it by clicking on the middle button in the (upper left corner). Now if I click on the same middle button, the window size should be same as its first size. But for some reason this is not happening.

Can someone reproduce this? Is this a bug? In case it is a bug, Should I file it against vim-gnome or some other package?

thanks in advance
raju