Re: I Need Help Getting A Custom Kernel To Boot

Kathy Wills wrote:

Here are the commands that I have been using:

make menuconfig
make-kpkg clean
make-kpkg --append-to-version=.(myversion) kernel-image modules-image
dpkg -i on the resulting kernal image  and modules image

You don't need both kernel-image and modules-image: only kernel-image will do. Also, if you want an initrd image, you must use the option --initrd with make-kpkg. But if you're compiling your own kernel, why bother with an initrd image (unless you're using it for multiple machines)?