Re: I Need Help Getting A Custom Kernel To Boot

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 12:46:25PM +0000, Kathy Wills wrote:
> I have been trying for three days now to get my own kernel to boot using
> Debian. I've customized an lot of kernels in the past and don't remember
> ever having this much trouble. Would someone please take a look at what
> I have and tell me what I'm missing. I keep getting a kernel panic when
> I try to boot into my kernel. The stock Debian Kernels boot just fine. A
> copy of my kernel configuration can be seen at
> http://www.brannanorwills.com/kernel-config .

Another suggestion: run diff on the stock config and your config. Understand
all the differences.

But still use make-kpkg to construct the kernel-package, and then rely
on the package manager to actually install the your new kernel.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net