Re: gaim, gtk-spell, aspell problem

Francisco Borges <frandebo@latt.if.usp.br> writes:

> Running Sarge here. In order to have gaim using a dutch spell cheker I
> used to launch it using a script:
>
> #!/bin/zsh
> export LANG="nl_NL"
> export GTK_IM_MODULE=cedilla
> export LC_CTYPE="nl_NL.iso88591"
> gaim
>
> and it worked, now it simply doesn't work anymore.

It appears to work here, as best I can tell without knowing a word of
Dutch.

> Because of the aspell-0.60 upgrade, aspell got broken in my emacs but I
> could fix this by creating a link
>
> % ls /usr/lib/aspell -l
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 11 2005-03-21 09:46 /usr/lib/aspell -> aspell-0.60/

That's a very broken thing to do.  I'm surprised that fixes anything at
all.

> Any clues or tips??

What versions of libaspell15 and aspell-nl are you using?  It sounds
like your trying to use an old aspell-nl with a new aspell, which simply
won't work.  Dictionaries need to be rebuilt to be used with 0.60
because the format changed.

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.